EMSEV-2016 Workshop Schedule
About the conference
International Workshop on Understanding Earthquakes and Volcanoes from Lithosphere to Space
Electromagnetic Studies of Earthquakes and Volcanoes (EMSEV) is an inter-association working group of IUGG. It focuses on the observation and understanding of the various kinds of electromagnetic phenomena associated with earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. EMSEV Workshop 2016 will consist of two parts. The pre-workshop managed by CSES will be devoted to electromagnetic satellite observations, and will be held in Beijing during 23-25 August 2016. The workshop will be hosted by Lanzhou Institute of Seismology (LIS) and the Institute of Crustal Dynamics(ICD), CEA, and held at Lanzhou City during 25-29 August 2016. It will emphasize on understanding earthquakes and volcanoes from lithosphere to space. Lanzhou City is the capital of Gansu Province in the Western China, and stands along both sides of the Yellow River. It locates 75 kilometers away from Lanzhou Zhongchuan International Airport.
- Earthquake activities and precursors in Qinghai-Tibet Plateau
- Electromagnetic signals associated with large earthquakes and volcanic eruptions
- Study of earthquakes and volcanoes by electromagnetic methods with multi-disciplinary approaches
- Recognition of precursors to earthquakes and volcanic eruptions from lithosphere to space
- Natural and induced seismicity
- Mechanism, laboratory, and modeling studies of active faults and volcanoes
- Precursors of earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, and other natural hazards: reliability
- EMSEV related international projects
It is a great chance for you to attend the Workshop 2016 and visit Lanzhou, Dunhuang Mogao Grottoes.
We look forward to seeing you in Lanzhou and your contribution to this Workshop.